BiaxialCrack is one of the most advance tool developed by STRUANG. It allows the biaxial bending calculation of complex and generic composite sections with crack width calculation. Starting from a section CAD file (.dxf) is possible to define the reinforcement, all the embedded profiles and the openings through the concrete. BiaxialCrack studies the section uscing finite elements defining high level mesh. The software can be used for generic composite material. The current version has been written mainly for composite concrete/steel elements. After the calculation an excel report can be exported with all the relevant results.
The Biaxialcrack software is used for analysis and verification of a generic reinforced concrete section.
Scope of application
The Biaxialcrack software is very practical for every day design work. It allows different analysis for a generic reinforced concrete section which may comprises irregular geometry of the concrete area, openings with genric geometry as well, user defined arrangement of the reinforcement rebars and embedded steel profiles.
Method of analysis and design checks
On the basis of a definition of section geometry directly from CAD drawings, materials and forces, the program allows ULS and SLS resistance and stress calculation.
The Biaxial software uses elasto plastic linear behaviour for concrete and reinforcement as defined in EC2.
For each ULS combination, it evaluates:
- Bending moment curvature diagram for biaxial in tensile or compression regime
- Interaction resistance domain N Mx and My varying number of characteristic sections
- Non linear stress analysis
- Unlimited number of combinations
For each SLS combination, it evaluates:
- Linear stress analysis considering tensile contribution of concrete
- Linear stress analysis without considering tensile contribution of concrete
- Crack width calculation based on 7.3.4 EN 1992-1-1
- Unlimited number of combinations
The software stands out because it allows:
- Any type of section geometry (rectanglular, poligonal, circular) based on CAD drawing
- Any type of openings with generic geometry
- For rebars
- No limitation in terms of number of rebar
- Customisation of rebar diameter
- Customisation of rebar material properties (i.e. Elastic modulo)
- For embedded profiles
- Generic section geometry definition based on CAD drawing
- Customisation of profile material properties (i.e. Elastic modulo)
The current version allows a quick input process based on an excel file.
For crack width calculation, according to EN 1992-1-1:2004 7.3.4, BiaxialCrack considers the following parameters:
1 - For rebars inside tension zone:
1.1 - Equivalent diameter
1.2 - Rebar spacing
1.3 - Cover
1.4 - Effective rebars area for crack width calculation
2 - User can define k1, k2, k3 and k4
3 - It evaluates if the section is cracked, if it is, it distinguishes two calculation cases based on rebars spacing
4 - It evaluates effective rebar stress inside the tension zone.
Typical cases study are represented by the analysis and verification of RC column, beam and bridge pier section.
The Software Biaxialcrack provides several graphs and diagrams output using Matlab libraries.
Output information consists of
- Section geometry
- Section mesh
- Section solid domain
- Steel stress strain
- Concrete stress stain
- 3D interaction domain (N Mx My)
- For each combination:
2D interaction domain ( N M )
Stress map with Matlab colormap
- Detailed report (Excel format)
- Geometry information (i.e. reinforcement position, Inertia, neutral axis, etc)
- Crack width calculation details based on 7.3.4 EN 1992-1-1
- Maximum and minimum stress for each combination
- 3D interaction domain points for each orientation defined
The program can easly deal with complex reinforced section geometry throught CAD drawing.
The software establishes a consistent section analysis, stress verification and crack width control in accordance with Eurocode 2.
The current version does not carry out any reinforcement optimisation. Current version does not includes post tension which is under construction and will be released with the next version.
Biaxialcrack has been developed in MATLAB by Ing. Alessandro Angelini (STRUANG).
Copyright : STRUANG Ing. Alessandro Angelini Monteleone di Spoleto ITALY.
Preliminary validation test document:
Mescia software creates a 2D triangular mesh (quadrangular not yet released) based on dxf file (CAD file). Starting from the edges of the structural element and the internal points (columns and/or walls) it creates the triangular mesh by varing the mesh size. It shows on screan the mesh output and then allows the export of the mesh as excel tables and dxf file with.
mescia è un software che consente la creazione di una mesh mediante elementi triangolari (versione per elementi quadrangolari non ancora rilasciata) a partire da un file dxf (CAD file). A partire dai bordi esterni di una generica struttura ed i punti interni relativi alla posizione di colonne o alle intersezioni con pareti, il software crea una mesh triangolare consentendo la possibilità di personalizzare le dimensioni della mesh. La mesh viene mostrata sullo schermo e può essere esportata mediante file dxf oppure mediante tabelle excel.
For any information about please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCELAN is a simple tool that allows the acceleration assessment on top of the structure. Mainly for high rise buildings is important to control accelerations induced by wind forces. Considering boundary conditions and structural properties (example: natural frequency, height ) ACCELAN provides the acceleration of structure (milli g) for human comfort assessment.